From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2012 23:47:14 -0500
Donna Spirito may beat me to telling you about this tiny angel, but I
can't resist. I live upstairs from Donna and The Educated Ferret, and
this evening she knocked on my door holding a TINY dark-black sable
boy, 8 weeks old tops. Apparently he was found in a junkyard, left in
a birdcage. He's lucky if he weighs a full pound. You can feel all his
little bones, and he's still a little dehydrated (though Donna said he
had been much worse). He's getting Carafate and duck soup every few
hours, and since Donna has to go out of town tomorrow I've got him til
she comes back. I can't believe how small he is, especially compared
to my big fat boys. Still got the woolly kit fuzz and the blunt little
face, such a funny little baby! He doesn't want to be away from people
for a second, starts making the baby goose-honk cries if he thinks
you've left him alone. My eyes well up with tears to look at him and
realize he was just left to die, like garbage, like nothing. My
boyfriend and I are giving him constant cuddles and love-- he's asleep
on my arm as I write this. It's going to be really hard to give him
back to the shelter! :)  He loves his soup and softened kibble, snarfs
it up like he's never seen food before! He's also good about letting
me know when he has to go potty, especially for such a tiny baby. He's
pooping and peeing great too-- at least he's absorbing that much-needed
water and nutrition! He even tries to play a little bit, wanting to
explore and wrestle with our fingers. Please send good thoughts to this
tiny angel who's had such a rough start, and we'll keep you updated!

Rachel, Eddie, Valentine, Asa..... and the little nameless foundling!