From:
Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:39:11 -0400
First of all, our sincerest condolences to all who have lost a dear
ferret, recently or in the past.  Our hearts are with you and we are so
very sorry for your loss or losses even though we may have not contacted
you individually.

I have skipped reading a lot of posts and sometimes the whole fml.  I
have enjoyed reading the fml for years now, but I find all the flaming
of shelters or people is wrong (just my own opinion).  We all are here
for one thing and that is Ferrets, whether it be health, help, news or
whatever for our ferrets.  I feel there is too much "beating a dead
horse" and we need to stop and go back to the purpose of this forum.
No one is perfect, we all make mistakes, etc.  We all try to do the best
we can, whether we are a shelter or individual, we are here for the
ferrets.  I do not think people should be flamed for what they say or do,
especially on this forum, if it is in the best interest of ferrets.  If
there is a problem, one should directly email the person they are having
the problems with.  I have seen good people with great intentions giving
information on care, illness, etc, which I am sure takes much time to
investigate, hoping to help others, who do not intentionally misdirect or
hurt anyone or any ferret, get flamed in the past.  I think we all need
to really think about things before putting them into writing on the fml
before we hurt another person or shelter.  We need to walk that mile in
their shoes.  I believe quite a few ferret shelters have closed and the
ones we have, need more support than ever to continue helping and finding
homes for unwanted ferrets.  If a shelter needs help, I feel in my own
opinion, that this is the place for help and people should not feel bad
about asking for support as long as the money is being used to help
ferrets.  Please, we do all have that one common bond of loving ferrets
and/or owning them.  We need to stay together and focus on helping each
other, not hurting one another.  I guess it would be that way in a
perfect world but we are not in a perfect world.  I have posted in the
past and am probably guilty of flaming or asking the wrong question or
giving the wrong opinion which yes we all are entitled to.  I think the
fear of being flamed for an opinion has made many people afraid to post.
If one has a problem with someone, I (just me, myself and I only opinion)
feel we should tactfully, directly contact the person with whom we are
having the problem unless of course it is a proven abuse situation or
situation that needs the help of the ferret community.

Please, no flames for my opinion, which this is.  I do not want to feel
I should post anonymously to voice my opinion, I do not write this to
intentionally hurt anyone and hope it does not, it is just my own
opinion, stupid or not.  Maybe we need a seperate spin off from the fml
for flaming and debating :-)

Eleanor, Donald and the 6 pack of ferrets