From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:20:52 -0800
A little guy named Gus came screeching over the bridge today.  I told
him to hold his horses.  But he said he was eager to see his brothers Sam
and Brownie.  Lo and behold, Sam and Brownie already knew he was coming
and showed up just in time.  Sam and Brownie told me that Gus was one of
the Utah kids and explained that he wanted to feel secure knowing they
were there.  Gus shook his head up and down really fast to agree and told
me that it was a rough start there in Utah.  But nice people rescued him.
And someone even nicer adopted him.  Pretty neat!  So together, we showed
Gus all over the place so he'd feel right at home.  He loved the
ferretone place.  The ferretone place is like a big pool with fountains
that spurt up ferretone.  There are even ferretone waterfalls there.  Gus
said that is his favorite treat in the whole world (and now in heaven!).
After he quenched his thirst we moved onto the snack bar.  He ate yogis,
chicken lickens, plus all sorts of things that are no-no's on earth.
Finally his belly was all filled up and huge.  I thought, thank goodness
so we could move on!  And then the real fun began.  I showed him ladder
world.  I told him to make sure his wings were on good and tight for when
he climbed.  With a great big smirk, he pulled his halo down low over his
brow and comenced to climbing.  Up, up, and away he went into the clouds.
He plum wore out Brownie and Sam who eventually laid on the clouds
twirling their halos waiting for him to finish.  I had to fly up there to
tell him something because he wouldn't get down.  I told him to press his
head to the clouds and to be very, very quiet.  So he did.  He heard a
faint, but very distant voice that said, "Good boy, Gus".