From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:57:35 +0000
Hi Ya'll,

All the ferrets are doing so well.  They are getting very fat for the
winter, and the thicker coats are starting to show themselves.

My boy missing a foot, Sampson, is finally developing a callus on his stump.
I have kept a very close eye on this since it is skin on top of bone.  No
padding.  He doesn't walk on it all the time, and I couldn't figure out a
way to pad it (that he would leave on anyway).  And he has decided he likes
something besides raisins.  He thinks Golden Graham cereal is so wonderful.
He just amazes me the changes he has undergone in personality since he came
to live with me.  He is so outgoing and confident now.

Brock thinks the cats are just wonderful.  Of course, my two younger cats
just think they are big ferrets anyway, having joined the house after the
ferrets.  Brock is a big lug and growing still.  He runs and jumps on the
back of the cats and rides them like a cowboy.  It is so hilarious, there he
is, completely off the ground and sprawled on the cat, chewing on the neck
all while the cat is calmly walking off.  My friend has threatened to mail
me her video camera to get shots of them.

Speaking of, you may be hearing some "Maggie Tales." She is threatening to
post about me and my, er, past.  Unfortunately, there is some time in the
70's that she remembers better than I.  And since she is at least as big a
loud mouth as me, there is no stopping her.

Maggie Mae