From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 11:17:45 -0600
Been there, done that.  Let's see Sabrina and Sinclair, Charlie, Petey,
Sammy, the list goes on.  We finally made up an addendum to the contract
that basically stated that after a certain period of time, if the people
did not contribute financially and physically to the care of their
ferret(s) (the physical part may be a once a month visit for a couple
hours) the ferret would be relinquished to us.

The same addendum states that we are granted permission to provide medical
care and treatment for the ferret(s) at our vet and there is a line to write
in the vet of their choice as well and that the ferret will be held by us
until full re-payment is made to us.

In emergency cases I don't even try to reach the people till after medical
care is provided.  Then it is their choice to repay or turn the ferret over.
I do explain this to them before they sign but it should be in the addendum
as well.

At the bottom of the contract is the following statement -

"I, name, have read, understand, and agree to the requirments of this
addendum".  Then a signature line and date.  For extra emphasis it can be
notarized as well.

On long term boarding, we have the issue that when the people see how we
live they are happy to leave the ferrets with me and I rarely hear back
from them.  It happens time and time again....

At least I know the ferrets are well cared for.

Perhaps from the auction and raffle there will be enough funds to pay for
this little's medical care as well.

Hugs. tle