Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 20:38:12 -0400
Well, I haven't posted in awhile, so some of you won't remember me, and
some have never met me.  Between my wedding coming in August, work, 11
adult ferrets, and my first litter of babies, I haven't had time.  Wedding
plans are coming along fine, and I finally found someone to make a ferret
wedding cake topper for me.  One of the members of our club, HOFA is an art
student who does alot of sculpting, and she made a sketch for me in about 2
minutes.  It will be two ferrets facing each other in the shape of a heart.
She's quite a talented young artist and loves ferrets, so alot of her
artwork features them.  Some of you might have seen her at a few shows, she
sells the vinyl graphics of ferret silhouettes for car windows, and etched
glass with ferrets on them.  My silver mitt, Angel, gave birth to 7 healthy
little pink slugs with amazingly good lungs to make lots of noise.  They
are now just over 5 weeks old, and happily eating kibble and mush and
playing in slow motion.  Dad, Zorro, who belongs to good friends of mine,
Ross and Tricia Pettito, is also a silver mitt.  I was hoping for at least
a couple of silver mitts, since it's my favorite pattern.  It appears that
I got my wish, since ALL SEVEN are silver mitts!  A couple of them show
hints of some possible patterning, like a blaze or two, hard to say for
sure yet, but one little girl has the most unusual pattern I've ever seen,
and I'm wanting to find out if anyone else has ever seen this.  On her left
cheek, she has just the light little smudge under her eye, like most silver
mitts.  On her right cheek, she has this large, very dark spot, making it
appear that she is like those dogs with one eye ringed.  It's actually very
cute, and she has a dark black nose.  I've never seen this pattern before,
and neither has anyone I've asked about it, so I thought I'd put that out
there.  If you could email me personally, I'd appreciate it, since I barely
have time to breathe of late.  Thanks, and I hope everyone and their
fuzzies are doing great, and hope that those who aren't are getting some
comfort at least.

Sherry and her Merry Mob (11 adults, 7 kits from my jill, and another jill
and her 7 kits I'm baby sitting!)

-whew-