From:
Julie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:43:38 -0700
I, too, have had something stolen from my website.  My brother does all
of my photography for me.  Imagine my surprise one day as I was nosing
around on Ebay...and saw someone was selling stationery with my Little
Bit's pic on it!  (OK, sure, she's a cutie and its a great pic, an
award-winning pic, in fact.  If you're gonna steal, might as well steal
something good, eh?)  But the sole intent of my website is to benefit
ferrets.  100% of the money raised goes to 24 Carat, and I occasionally
donate items for other shelters to raffle.  Anyone who has ever asked, I
have given permission to use my sketches.  As long as a ferret somewhere
benefits, it's all good.  So I wrote the person who was using my
(copyrighted) pic.  It was an extremely polite letter, explaining my
mission, and offering permission 'for the asking'.  I never received a
reply, though I wrote 3 times.  The auction was cancelled, and has not
reappeared, so far.  All they had to do was ask.....

Julie & the Woozles
21stCenturyFerret.com
"Ferrety stuff for ferrety people"
Dedicated to the support of
24 Carat Ferret Rescue & Shelter, Las Vegas