From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 10:52:34 -0500
Hi!

Couldn't seem to post to the original sender, so I've forwarded my response
to the FML.

LAUNDRY ROOMS AND LITTERBOXES
You recently asked the FML if anyone knew methods for ferret-proofing a
laundry room.  Laundry rooms are very dangerous places for a ferret, and I
would strongly suggest finding an alternative place for the litter box.  It
is unlikely that you can make the laundry room completely safe, and you may
end up with large vet bills due to an injury, a lost ferret (out the dryer
vent), or worse...

I would highly recommend some changes in the litterbox department.  First,
logically, you should scoop it at least twice per day (once in the am, once
in the pm).  Second, I can not recommend highly enough pelleted wood litter.
This litter completely (and I mean _completely_) eliminates litterbox odor.
Look for the Natures Way Feline Pine or Pine Fresh brands at a big pet
store.  Alternatively, you can use wood stove pellets (available at Home
Depot or wood stove/fireplace stores) for the same result.  You will be
surprised at the difference one of these litters will make.

Good luck!
Gina the Monkeywrangler
and the Chimps of Mayhem:  Paleface (Bean), Gunnar the Red (Goose), Daniel
Spikey Tiger (Spike), Harriet (Hawwiet) and Wienerbutt (Weenie)