From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 16:19:03 -0700
In case anyone is curious, I have been fortunate so far and have not
encountered Lymphosarcoma or Lymphoma in any ferrets that have come through
here.  (But I know my time is coming.)

Regarding the occurrence of adrenal tumors found in my shelter, in the last
year I have had 5 adrenal tumors that were in MF ferrets, 2 that were not
MF, and have 3 MF currently awaiting tests to confirm adrenal tumors.  Have
2 coming in this week with symptoms of adrenal tumors, but don't know yet if
they are MF or not.

I think these are things that merit looking into.  Personally, it seems the
females are more prone to have adrenal tumors than males.  Out of all twelve
ferrets mentioned above, only 2 are males.  I have seen adrenal tumors in
ferrets as young as 3-1/2 years.

Kisses to the fuzzy kids.
Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter