From:
Michelle Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 11:14:25 -0700
So, how do I manage with 7 fuzzies, huh?  Actually, a lot like I managed
with 2 fuzzies.  Except everything takes longer, of course. ;-)

I keep my ferrets caged when I'm not home,for their own safety and health.
I find it is easier to tell if something's wrong with one of them by
examining their cage before I let them out.  If I see some diahrea or
anything else questionable I will watch them until I've seen them all poop
in the playroom litter boxes.  Luckily it's usually a one time thing and
that one poop is the only one I see out of the ordinary for months.

I've also been fortunate not to have multiple ferrets fall sick at the same
time.  I have had back to back illnesses where I've felt like I'd be caring
for a sick ferret forever!  I just thank my lucky stars that I haven't had
7 sick kids on my hands all at one!

Grooming takes 7 times as long, of course.  I do it assembly line style.
Grab one - brush his/her teeth, clean ears, apply ferretone on belly, clip
nails, give hairball remedy, pet and kiss, put back in playroom.  Next!
Baths are a rare thing.  They all got one bath last year and one this year.
I bath them one at a time in a little tub then throw them in the people
bathtub full of towel to dry off.

Their cage doesn't take any longer to clean, the bedding washes in the same
amount of time no matter how many hammocks I'm washing (provided it all
fits in one load).  It really doesn't take much more time to fill more and
bigger food bowls and water bottles.

In return I get 7 times the love, 7 times the wardances, 7 times the dooks,
5 times the kisses (2 think I have cooties), 7 times, well you get the idea.

Would I recommend that just anyone run out and get 7, 10, 20+ ferrets?  No,
probably not.  But some people, like me, couldn't imagine their lives any
other way.

Michelle