From:
Cheryl Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 01:07:23 -0700
Just thought I'd up date about my ferret Sneeuw - 5yr old with swollen
neck, no hair regrowth after adrenal surgery.  She has had a total of 3
bioposies.  Which were inconclusive but did show abnormal acivity in her
lymph nodes.  (During adrenal surgery, the vet found a lot of fat in her
abdomen.  No explanation.  She has been on ad for a year.  Can't get her
to switch back to mix of tf & sheppard + green.)  We decided not to do
exploratory surgery since it was less than 6 months after the adrenal
surgery.  Instead we went with a human drug cexapatl (i think); she got
1/8 five days apart and now we are waiting 3 weeks to reevaluate.  I see
no worsening in her condition and she has less hacking/coughing episodes.
But energy level is still low - less than 30 mins. runtime before she goes
to sleep.  Plus she only wants to be fed by my husband.  She will often
ignore the food I put out but as soon as my husband offers it to her she
will eat(guess you can tell she's a daddy's girl!).  I was going to work on
the decision as long as I am sure she is not in pain, we'll feed her all
the ad she wants from the person she wants.  But it hurts so much not being
sure if I am doing enough for her.  I love my bady (she's our first) and I
want her to be happy and healthy.

Cheryl and Sneeuw.