From:
Gail O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 10:59:38 -0400
Hi fuzzy friends,

I'm always interested in hearing about ways to entertain young fuzzies, as
the little ones at least seem to get bored quickly with a toy or game and
need a variety.  Here's a few I've found (I hope you'll share too)-

Our fuzzies - Pearl and Rascal, 8 wks old, like trash and stuff.  Their
'play room' (the front foyer) looks like a trash can overturned, but this is
really their Fun Stuff.  They like to push around empty plastic soda bottles
with their little hands and noses.  They love to nose open a big manilla
envelope (both ends cut out) and crawl in and out.  They love an empty heavy
plastic litter bag, also cut open evenly at both ends, as it is noisy and
crinkly and and fun to crawl in and out of.  I have an old foyer rug
(indoor-outdoor heavy, very close-knit variety) that I fold over for them to
crawl in and out of too.  A recent favorite interactive game using an old
red table cloth is 'bully, bully' - hooman kid Greg and I shake the table
cloth enticingly on the ground, and Pearl and Rascal pounce on it, and try
to get under it at us Toreadors, who tease the fuzzies unmercifully,
swirling and shaking the cloth (Ole!) so they are always on top of it, and
can't get at us.  (heh heh heh - "here, bully, bully, bully!").  I also sit
on the floor with the table cloth over my head - the fuzzies tunnel under
it, over my lap, and climb up it to my shoulders and head!  We also use an
old toy truck of Greg's - the fuzzies like pushing it around and climbing in
and out of it.  We take them for little rides in it.  I think I might try to
make a little trucker hat for them - what a photo op that would be!

I think anything goes for a toy - ( within reason and common sense, gang!)
as long as it is very clean, no sharp edges, and can't be chewed up, or
little pieces pulled off and ingested.  All play with paper or plastic is
supervised outside of their cage, as our little fuzzies try their best to
get into trouble!  We only keep the safest toys in the cage (like their hard
plastic tube and a big ball).

Wishing you fuzzy fun-

mama Gail, 'uncle' Greg, and our kids squirmy
Rascal and Pearly girlie