From:
Alissa Stohlgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:37:44 -0700
Hello.

Not to beat a dead issue, but I think pet stores (like any organization) is
a reflection of the owners and staff.  I have mostly rescued pets in my
lifetime.  Since critters are not available for purchase in sunny
California I drove to Arizona in seek of a fuzzy.  Granted it was my first
introduction to the wonderful world of ferrets, and I was still green on
the whole ferret "thing".

I went to a pet store with a friend who had owned a sable in the past.  The
girl who sold me Ottis (yes, he is the most adorable thing in the world!!!)
was very knowledgeable and patient.  She made sure I left with all the
supplies including a book to read on my way home.  All the critters were
de-scented, fixed, and had the first round of shots.  Money was never an
issue.  How can it be when you are chosing to become a caregiver of any
living thing?  (sorry-I'll get off my soap box).

I know pet stores can be evil, just like zoos, and shelters for the animal
lover.  I just wanted to point out there are some good poeple out there who
love the wessles as much as us nutty ferret owners.

Alissa & Ottis (who is still waiting for the playmate mom keeps
promising-anyone looking for a home?)