From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 02:28:10 -0400
Bravo to you Clarence for speaking up!  I support your words 100%.

Shirley & Clarence are truly wonderful people who obviously love their
fuzzies and their work, they did not ask to become ADV positive, it just
happened.  It could happen to anyone, you just have to learn to deal with
it and do the best you can.

While I do agree with the AFA in regards to requiring test results prior
to admittance, I feel that NO ONE should be singled out of this rule, it
should apply to each and every ferret coming in the door.  I am sure that
not even the AFA could possibly know each and every ferret that has tested
positive to be able to fairly enforce their stated "rule" as written in
their letter to Shirley.

We already require distemper and usually rabies vaccination records, and
a vet check prior to admittance, why not require a negative ADV test
result???  Maybe the AFA could lower their entry fees to compensate for
the testing.......

[SW]