From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:11:19 -0500
Gobble, Gobble! It's that time of year again. It's time for the Support
Our Shelters Thanksgiving Card Exchange. This is special exchange. The
money raised in the other card exchanges normally goes into the SOS
general fund. This exchange we get show our thankfulness to a ferret
shelter by donating all the money from this exchange to a selected
shelter. This year like last year we are running this exchange
different from all those before it. Last year there were a few grumbles
about this. So let me explain why I am doing it differently. The
numbers of participants in the exchanges are way down. There is no
way to cover all the shelters with just a few people. So after much
thought. This is we will do it.

When you sign up, give me your name like you usually do. AND give me
the name and address of your favorite shelter. When I send out your
lists, instead of putting your names on your list, I will put the names
of the shelters. I will put all the names of the shelters in a bowl and
draw one of the names out and that shelter will receive all the money
donated from this exchange.

I would like to add this. I hope there will be no hurt feelings in
doing it this way. It certainly doesn't mean that any one shelter is
more important than another. Every shelter is such a blessing and each
ones hard work and devotion are appreciated. Like I said before, there
were a few rumblings last year. If it doesn't work this year, I will
bow to your judgment, and next year we will run the Thanksgiving
exchange like all the rest.

Dead line to sign up is November 14, 2014.

So let's have fun! If you haven't participated in a SOS Card Exchange
before, please go to
http://www.supportourshelters.org/card_exchange.html
for more information.

One of the many things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving Day is all
of you that support SOS. And in doing so, helping us help shelters help
ferrets. Thank you!

Robin Jones
http://www.supportourshelters.org/card_exchange.html