From:
Jeff Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:04:43 -0700
Hi All,

Well when I came home Friday I had left Molly out in the bedroom and Maya
was locked up in the cage for the day (the two don't quite get along yet).
Anyway Molly poked her head out from the closet when I came in and Maya was
fast a sleep in her cage.  I went and sat down and turned the computer on.
As it warmed up I turned around in my chair to see what Molly was up too.
Well she was still sitting at the edge of the closet looking at me.  So I
started calling her.  She didn't budge.  I thumped on the ground, and still
she didn't budge.  I got up and sat about 3 feet from her and both called
and thumped the ground.  Still she didn't budge.  At this point I stretched
out and patted her little head and she limped forward.  She wouldn't put
any pressure on her forward right paw.  Hmm, I reached forward and picked
her up.  I let her go limp in my arms and gave her some nice rubs and
scratches.  As she calmed down I grabbed her by the tuff of her neck and
touched her right forward paw.  It was like loose bag, but Molly didn't
flinch a bit.  Hmm, well something is the matter with her paw or she'd walk
on it.  But she didn't seem to be ay real pain either.  Hmmmm.  After my
screw ups with penny I thought it best to get her some immidiat medical
attention.  I called my vet and asked if I could bring her in imidiate,
they gave me the number of another pet hospital.  I called them to find
that they were closed.  Ugg, so I called my vet back and they said bring
her in, but it will cost more for emergency services.  That's fine I'll be
right in.  Now my vet doesn't really work that near where I live as I have
a vet that actors to Ferrets.  So a longish drive in rush hour traffic took
us some time.  Anyway we did get there and they took her rather quickly.
About 20 minutes later one of the vets called me in to look at her x-rays,
her right forearm was in deed broken.  It was broken across both bones and
the paw wasn't attached so to say anymore.  They told me she was in quite a
bit of pain.  OY VAY

I have two options at this point given to me.  Surgery, or a long term
cast.  Cost is greatly different between the two of them.  They didn't
want to attempt surgery till Monday and that she should be OK till then
with a temporary cast.

Ugg,, this is already going to be a great weekend I can tell....