From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:32:43 -0500
Sadly, I report Crystal, an albino ferret of unknown age, rescued from a
shelter in Portland, Oregon, abruptly declined in health over the weekend.
For the last few days, every hour I would feed and water her by hand, and
then hold her next to me to help keep her warm.  For four days she fought
hard to live, but this afternoon, her heart finally gave out.  She was
alert and awake until the end, when she just sighed and peacefully left
this reality.  She died of no discernable illness; she was just old and
worn out.  I tried to give her as much dignity as possible in these last
days, comforting her and giving her security and companionship.

I shall miss her deeply.  After Apollo's recent death, this loss bites hard
and cuts deep.

I promised some people on the list I would write something for them, and I
will do it in the next day; it would have been done by now but I lost time
caring for Crystal.

Goodbye sweet monkey. I will miss your crooked smile.

Bob C and 17 Mo' Saddened Ferts (Missing Apollo and Crystal)