From:
Rayne Storm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:30:25 +0000
Hi all!

We have a couple of problems with our 4 fuzzies and were hoping someone
can give some good advise.  We have a DEW female approx. 5 years old
that has had a change in her behavior.  We let the ferrets out of their
cage at least twice a day, sometimes more, and let them run around the
house until they exhaust themselves and fall asleep.  Then we put them
back up.  Well, for the past few weeks, Sheeba has been waking up as soon
as we put her back and acts almost frantic to get out of the cage, but
when we do let her out, she just crawls back under the sofa and goes to
sleep.  She'll sleep in her cage until she hears us moving about and then
she's awake and digging at the cage door and frantically running back and
forth in the cage.  She's never acted like this before.  Could there be
something wrong with her?  She appears healthy altho she did loose the
fur off her tail several months ago.

Our second problem is our little rescued DEW female Jazz.  She refuses to
use the litter box.  She'll go right beside it.  The other 3 miss
occasionally, but Jazz is really bad.  It doesn't matter how clean the
box is...forget it, she won't use it.  I've tried following her around
and as soon as she backs into a corner I grab her and put her into a box,
but this isn't working.  Sometimes she doesn't even bother with a corner,
she'll use the middle of the kitchen floor.  What can we do to stop this
behavior?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.