From:
[log in to unmask] (kristen herzog)
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 20:14:21 -0500
First, To respond to Anne from BREED:
        You really should be careful about how you phrase your
writing.  I hope you aren't implying that owners are "casual" about
their ferrets and do not see them as individuals who are very
important.  My ferrets are two of the best things in my life, and I
know that other owners on and off this FML feel the same way.  Just
because we don't volunteer at a clinic or shelter doesn't mean we
don't care.  Maybe, instead of bashing, you should write an address
where people interested in helping out can find addresses.  I'd love
to volunteer (somewhere in between full-time classes, two part-time
jobs, and a volunteer program at a local nursery school :)  )  My
apologies if I read your post wrong, but I thought I should respond if
I felt this strongly!

OK, sorry about that!  Is it just me, or have the last couple mailing
lists been a little hostile?  Ummm, I have two questions this time...
        1)  Roo seems to be losing fur in a fing around the base of
her tail.  It is not as if she is balding, but there is a noticeable
loss of guard hairs (which is easy to spot because she is a dark
sable)  Please reassure me that this is JUST shedding and I shouldn't
be concerned!
        2) What is an effective way to block the fridge?  I've tried
just about everything, but Roo and Nesta love getting in under it!
Will it harm the fridge's internal stuff if I duct tape cardboard over
the bottom of the rear of the fridge?

One more thing (sorry this is so long!) - I'll have to jot Chris'
address down because I just took some great photos of my two guys!  I
'm using them in a project in one of my classes, but I'm thinking
about making extras for the group of photos being compiled...  will I
become a Hollywood ferret mom?  :)
                        thanks, Kristen
Kristen Herzog
These are my opinions. Promise.