Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 20:58:06 EDT
Hey All,

I haven't posted in a while but this whole "Tiny Paws Thing" has got
me a bit miffed.  Admittedly, I have never talked to anyone from this
particular shelter or rescued a ferret from them but it occurs to me
that not everyone can have 501A status.  This "shelter" takes in ferrets
and occasionally needs help, that's good enough for me here's some money.
Who are we to judge?  The last time I checked we weren't the Teamsters
and you didn't have to be part of a special club to auction things on
E Bay.

I really like the fact that Tiny Paws takes it upon themselves to raise
their own money as opposed to receiving it from SOS and if I actually had
money left on my card I'd gladly help ($800 vet bill :S).  I also really
liked the bit about the "new" boat: I own (not a shelter) 11 ferrets
which I rescue, I have yet to have to turn any away, my most recent vet
bill was over $880 (Oscar the Wonder Ferret), but I actually own a boat
(with a motor even) and I don't feel that this makes me less of a ferret
owner.  It's hardly a yacht, but it helps me keep my sanity and I enjoy
fishing and I don't think that Tiny Paws should have to apologize for
extra curricular activities, especially when they don't increase the
burden already placed on SOS or ask for money for nothing, they are
selling things to help defray the costs of their responsibility and I
for one don't see anything wrong with that.

Thanks For All You Do,
Lisa And The Diabolical Dozen

If you are reading this thank a teacher, if you are reading this in
English thank a soldier.