From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 19:26:17 +0100
I have been following the mailing about clothing ferrets and would like
to point out something.

Birgit stated in her first mail that she is from Holland, Did any of you
with the nasty replays even take into consideration that English is not
her natural language and that Birgit was merely giving her point of view
and not attacking you all personally?  I have a lot of respect for people
who are prepared to give their opinions in a different langue, You try
and express yourselves in Dutch and see how it comes out, besides, by the
reactions given here I get the impression that a lot people are all op in
arms because deep down they know she has a point.

When I joined the FML after the symposium in Atlanta I really enjoyed it
because you could give your point of view without getting kicked in the
teeth for it.  Nowadays I just skip through it, simply because anyone who
happens to have a different point of view is dragged through the mud.  I
personally give my ferrets fresh meat and kibble, but I don't go out and
attack Sukie because she has a different idea about it, she has as much
right to her opinions as anyone else.  I agree with Birgit about the
clothes on ferrets, but I have already leaned the hard way not to give
my opinions here.  Actually I will be at the symposium in Toronto with
Hanneke Moorman and another board member, and I can truthfully say that
we will not be attending a ferret dressing party so that's three extra
places for the people who want to go.

Maybe one day people on this list will realize that despite the different
opinions, we all want the same thing, a better life for the ferret and
that we could get more done working together instead of attacking each
other when we don't agree.

Stephenie SDF Netherlands