Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 04:56:55 -0700
Y'know, I would like to let this drop, but once again I am forced to
speak up to defend myself.  First and foremost, I am not attempting to
randomly bash Rocky's because of anything that goes on between Barbara
and I, AND I am not attempting to SPREAD rumors.  Anyone that is accusing
me of this may have forgotten that on two separate posts I offered help
to the Hagerstown ferrets via donations from our car wash and an offer of
cages.  Rocky's did not even show me the common courtesy of responding to
these offers!  I have a rescue to run too but I thought it would at least
be a little something I could do to help and little somethings do add up
eventually.  I could not look at those desperate little faces and not do
something, no matter how small.  Does this sound like a gesture by
someone with a personal vendetta ?

Really people...For those of you that don't know, I live close by this
rescue, everybody knows everybody around here.  The dirty and the clean
laundry is on the line.  I merely wanted to bring to your attention that
sometimes there is more than meets the public eye.  End discussion.

Regarding Stacie: Something told me not to post about Stacie's accident
but I posted for two reasons.  One-I hoped that anyone who ever found
themselves in this unfortunate situation could benefit by my experience.
Ferrets in shock with trauma appear to have a very grave condition.  I
would not have been surprised if the vets involved would have suggested
euthanasia.  I would not give up on her though.  From day two of this
tragedy, that feisty little girl dragged herself, wobbling and falling
over as she left her blankets to potty.  I had to hold her up on the
paper and wipe her off for at least 3 days but her determination and will
to make it combined with the healing powers of Reiki got her through this
tragedy.  NO, I would not give up on her.  I tracked and documented every
step of her progress from the moment she cried telling me that she was
still there to the day she danced and played like a normal ferret.  I
wanted people and fuzzys to benefit from my experience and I was willing
to accept the random Pooflinger bash.  I took that for what it was
worth....0....I received an overflow of supportive emails from my fellow
FML'rs.

Do I harbor guilt about the accident?  Yes, a little but what is
important is that Stacie is back, she is her old self with hints of nerve
damage which we are continuing to work on.  Thanks again to everyone who
offered support during this difficult time.  Please feel free to email me
if you ever need information on shock and trauma in a ferret.

Kim

"I have no doubt that all living beings have souls but when I see how
humans treat our animal companions, it is evident that the complete
absence of soul and heart frequents only the human of beings.".

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue