From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:39:26 -0600
Here's a true story from our own bunch of fuzzies;

Several weeks ago one of our most derring-do-roughus-toughus ferrets
named Ginger-Simone Blacksable managed to scoot outside while Wes was
trying to take out some of our cage-cleaning garbage (four bags per
day...if we take any more foundlings in, we're going to have to rent a
dumpster for the resultant waste!).

We searched all over the grounds, checked the dog's building (she has a
laundry room for a huge dog-house, so it's her building :) and then we
saw her! Two squirrelly shapes bouncing across the back yard, one with
a regular squirrel's-tail, the other...Ginger-Simone was bouncing in
loony-tune-y Pepe Le Pew fashion after a squirrel who was also bouncing
along in the squirrelly manner that most of them travel (in little
hops, when not in a flying panic) and the squirrel kept looking behind
it at this strange-appearing brush-less black...what the heck *is* that
critter, anyway?(you could almost see the squirrel asking "Do i Know
you? you're mirroring every bounce i make but...We *can't* be
related,... can we?") and for every little hop the squirrel made,
Ginger-Simone is playfully bouncing equidistantly right behind him,
not trying to catch the squirrel, but just playing "chase-me" in the
skip-along fashion that happy ferrets do around here.

Then they reached the (small 20-foot white oak) tree and the squirrel
zoo-oo-oomed up the trunk. Ginger-Simone looks up from the base of the
tree trunk and you can SEE her thinking, "Okay, first you went, now me.
If you can climb fast like that, then I'm gonna do it, too; Ready, Set..."

At which point I called her name "Ginger SimOne!" and she looked at me
and came joyfully scampering over right into my outstretched hands!
("Hey, Ma!, Didja See?! Didja see me with my new friend?! What a weird
ferret THAT was, hah?") (("That's all well and good, Ginger-Simone, but
no more scooting out like that, okay?"))

http://ferretanddovesanctuary.petfinder.com