From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:30:58 -0500
This is a NON-FLAME post!

If you are giving up animals and choose to post about them on the FML, it
may help to alleviate the flames by giving as much detail as possible
about WHY you're giving them up.  A short message leaves too much room
for people to speculate about your reasons.  If the reasons are personal
and you can't share them, state that.  Don't worry (and don't apologize)
about posting a long message - in the end one long message means less
traffic than all of the follow-on flames to a short one.

For example:

BAD: I am moving.
GOOD: The company I work for is relocating me to California.

I too am disturbed by the poster putting his dog down because he is
moving.  I'm sure he has good reasons, but since he has not told us what
those are, I cannot help but speculate.  I don't want to flame, but I
cannot imagine what his circumstances are.

PLEASE, people, post those little details and put all of our minds at
ease.  I can't guarantee that you won't still get one or two flames, but
at least you will satisfy the majority of the list.

Thanks,

Roger
Digger, Bear, Fox and Sniffles