Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 19:10:23 -0700
Dooks All . . .

Recently someone asked if, with all the illness and given the heartbreak
of loss, would I get another ferret.  Maybe something that happened today
will give an idea.

I was at a local petstore (SE Portland, OR) for a Pet Adoption Day.  Now,
when I say 'local', I mean if is right around the corner from where I
live.  The employees know me well as do most of the people around there.

The sun poked out from the clouds about 530pm.  I decided to take a break
and walked outside.  I looked at the sky above Gresham and saw a
breathtaking rainbow.  I sat on the sidewalk, closed my eyes, and thought
of all my kids, and those special shelter kids who have left for the
Bridge.

I found myself picturing each and every one.  I'm certain people could
hear me calling each by name, telling them I missed them, telling them I
loved them.  All my little fur-angels.

I opened my eyes and now saw 2 rainbows.  The second wasn't as bright as
the first, but they were one on top of the other.  It was almost as
though the kids were saying, "We hear you daddy . . . we love and miss
you, too!".  I couldn't control myself.

So, if you were in the parking lot of a petstore in Portland, and saw
some blondish guy wearing a blue PFSN T-shirt, sitting on the sidewalk
with tears streaming down his face . . . . YEAH, THAT WAS ME.

Needless to say, when I got home I couldn't wait to hold the others . .
and made certain I told them how much I love them.

Yes, even with disease, illness, and the heartbreak of loss, I will
always have ferrets in my life.  They will forever be a part of me.

Warm Fuzzies ~!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Lacey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Skooter~Tootsie~ Peabody~Sierra~Elway~Sacramento~
and Mist the Fer-Kat
Fosters - ~Stubbie~
Guardian Fur-Angels - ~Furrice~Lady~Yogi~Nippy~Carri Jo~Putsie~Alyssa
~Zeus~ ~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little
Boy~Willie~Robin~Christina~Hershey~Sheba~Simon~Sasquatch~
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us. Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.