From:
Neil Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:30:02 -0500
Since I have not conversed with Mehgan, or others, prior to sending this
post, some of my comments or interreptations may not be accurate, but I
am keeping an open mind and just speaking openly.

Firstly, after reading Meghan's Petco posting on 3/9, I was shocked that
Petco would let such things happen, but NOT 100% surprised.  As I live in
San Diego (nowhere near NJ), I have no way of knowing what that Petco's
store manager was like, or the stores physical or working conditions.
But, I did wonder why he, along with others, were not reported to
corporate for what was going on in that store.... Maybe he was, or maybe
he wasn't.  As I said above, I have not asked these and other questions
to Mehgan prior to me sending this posting.

Secondly, I was greatly surprised that the two individuals that replied
to Mehgan's posting, which went from seemingly understanding to bashing.
She was only bringing out into the open her experience from being an asst
mgr in Old Bridge; at least that was my impression from those two
postings of 3/10.

As in all work environments, it is only as good as the management team
that leads it.  If management sucks, then so does the rest of that work
environment.  Unfortunately, animals suffered the the lack of proper
management.

The stores I have visited within Southern California and in Toledo, Ohio
and Chicago suburbs, seemed to be well kept, and animals properly cared
for.  If I had ever seen a water dish or bottle empty in ANY pet store,
I made it known to an employee that there was an issue, and that goes
with other things I saw.  I even have asked for the Manager in some
situations, and consequently corporate contacts (NOT specifically
speaking about Petco only here folks, so all you Petco ppl don't get all
ticked off).

On the flip side... Does anyone have any HAPPY stories to tell like
Shelley's "happy day" posting of 3/10?

I had a similar experience with my "fat" boy Sylly(short for Sylverster)
this morning.  He was the only one awake when I got up this morning, so I
got him out of the cage to run around and "harrass" me while I got ready
for work.  He even joined me for the morning shower, since I have a walk
in shower stall where all of my furkids can walk into for drinks &
"self-cleanings" when they are out for their play sessions.  I swear
Sylly is more of an otter than an ferret, the way he likes being wet.
But for some reason, when I am giving baths, it's not the same as his
"self-cleanings." LOL.  But we had a great play session of sock attack
(both off & on my feet); trying to steal dad's perscription med bottle
from my bag which was sitting on the floor; playing ball (pushing the
plastic balls around the living room with his nose and attacking it when
I'd roll it around him); and helping me "pick" things out of the
refrigerator for my lunch.  More like I was picking things & he was just
pulling out the bottom shelf i tems for himself like yogart, pre-packaged
salad, left-over stir fry, and an orange.  I think he's a dietician when
I am away at work, and keeping his earnings from me.

All the best
Neil