From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 02:30:58 EDT
Hey and Dooka to all the fuzzbutts !!

The other day a man walked into the Petco Store on Division Street in SE
Portland, OR.  He put a fert on the counter (4 months), saying he bought
the little girl about 2 months ago and no longer wanted it.

The clerk asked if there was a problem that they could take care of.  The
response was to the affect of 'No, I just don't want it anymore.  And if
you don't take it, I'll get rid of it my way'.  The clerk whisked the
little girl away promising they would find a home for the fuzzy.

The next day regular customer comes into the store.  The clerks know that
he is kind and loves ferts <actually they know he spoils them rotten>.
They also know that he normally brings his kids into the store and helps
to educate people on "Fuzzy Luv".

The one clerk, Barbara, relates the story of the returned fert.  She askes
if the man knows someone who may want to adopt the little girl.  After
getting permission, Barb is allowed to show the man the little girl.  The
man is cautioned that the fert was nippy and biting.

Well, the man reaches into the cage for the little girl.  She is trembling
and nipping.  She grabs hold of his finger with her teeth, but not hard
enough to break the skin.  He cradles her in his arms.  She is frightened
and shaking uncontrollably.

Can we see where this is going ???  The man will take her home.  The clerk
gives him the original paperwork that was returned, including the Triple F
Farms paperwork and Guarantee Card.  Also attached are handouts from the
OFA (Oregon Ferret Association).  Hey guys, ya tried !!  Comments the
clerk, "Now we KNOW she'll have a good home!"

Once home, the girl is set loose in the office to play.  AND PLAY SHE DID
!!  Jumping, running, dooking.  Many times while held, or when picked up by
a complete stranger (yeah, my room-mate, they don't come any stranger), she
would grab hold with her teeth, but would not break the skin.  I guess it's
a trust issue, If you don't hurt me, I won't hurt you.  She is no longer
shaking.  She seems bright and alert, and very active.

<sigh> Well, time to break the news to the other 13.  Another fuzz in the
house.  Have no idea what I will name her yet, but I know people have named
me "Lollipop" because I'm such a sucker !!!

PS - Did I mention there is also a new min-pin in the house ?  Name of
SPICE.  Another troubled child, but that's another story

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
Featuring the ~~~Terrific~~~Tumultous~~~Twelve~~~  (PLUS 1), ummm PLUS 2
 . . . . . . . . . . Hmmmm - really need to change that to something catchy
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal~Miss Priss~
~Cinna~Racer~
Introducing MUTTLEY TRISKADEKFERT and [insert name here]
Guest STAR - ~Fur-Angel Lady~
Cast Appearance by - Min-Pins Geordi , Jaida, and SPICE
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, and ~Bandit~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!