From:
"Ellis, Ann (LRC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:51:56 -0500
I was watching fox news this Tuesday morning and they had a segment with
our dear friend Jack being the interviewer.  It was about a woman who was
a surrogate mother to three Bengal tiger cubs.  It was interesting in its
soft fluffy way but what got my attention about this piece was this woman
brought these cubs into her home and she let her three year child feed and
play with them.  I was floored.

I would have estimated these animals to around 15 to 20 pounds each, and
have their teeth and claws.  My point is that even though these are just
young (very) animals they can still a great deal of hurt to this small
child.  And did Jack point this out or say that these animals could do harm
to a small child just by "playing" the tiger way?  No.  He praised the
woman for bringing her work home with and exposing here child to endangered
wildlife.  I can do that by taking my child for a walk in the woods or the
zoo.

Yet, woe to the ferret owner for being irresponsible for having at 2 to 6
pound animal that will more than likely drag off a child's rubber toy than
attach them.  Is it me, or is this man out of control?

Maybe it is time for people to start really complaining about his
irresponsible behavior and journalism.  I, for one, am sending a letter of
disapproval to the Fox Network and to the local affiliate about this
segment.  The e-mail address I found for the Fox Network is
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .
Please feel free to write to, if you are so moved.  Feedback is the only
way that these stations will know if you approve or disapprove of their
programming.