From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 00:45:20 -0700
Shron,

Yes, many people on CL will charge what the cost of the ferret, cage,
and supplies cost them, because they want their money back.

However, most ferret shelters, will cost you $75 for an adult, so $150
for two.

As a rescue in Michigan, I never charged anyone anything for ferrets.
Then again, I went to each person's house or interviewed them, etc.

If you meet someone and they need to give their ferret a good home, and
that's what it's about, they won't need the money, and might make a
deal if they come to your house and meet you. Often times, the people
asking for money end up finding out no one will pay the money, and they
cave.

Yes, it would be ideal if all people who wanted to adopt a ferret had
the money to buy the ferret. Somehow, people think this "proves"
someone has enough money to take the ferret to the vet if they get
sick.

All this really proves is they saved up enough to buy the ferret. A
better indicator is that they have a ferret vet, and records from
taking other ferrets to the vet, or cats and dogs.

That's the deal AFAIK!

Laryssa