From:
Rita Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:29:40 EST
I have had ferrets since 1997 and up until last summer never had any
reactions to vaccines.  I should also add that up until that time I
wasnt using the right distemper vaccine.  I like to think of my ferret
ownership as a continuing "education in progress" and last year did much
research and reading when many of my babies were sick.  I requested
ferret vaccines and my vet ordered them for me.  I asked her why she
didnt like the ferret vaccine and she said she had many reactions to them
(in the ferrets).  So interestingly enough I have had three reactions in
two ferrets since switching to the Fervac.  I was very lucky that in the
six years of my ignorance I didnt have one single reaction to the rabies
and distemper and they were given at the same time.  I now am more
informed and give only one at a time and stay at the vets to be sure
all will be ok.  When my "Fervac" supply is gone I will be changing
to the Merial ferret distemper and see if that helps.  My education

Rita B.