From:
Marianne Wroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 14:06:01 -0500
I have temporarily given up on bathtime for the time being.  Periscope has
never been terrific about baths.  In the summer when my roommate had the big
boy Hobbes, he loved the bath and so i think it kind of rubbed off on
Periscope, although she would want to get out way earlier.  Then we got
Cookie...

Later in the summer, I was at our island and there are a lot of small rocks
around the island.  My father was standing on one of the rocks and I was on
the shore and he would put Periscope and Cookie in the little (2 feet wide)
channal between the rock and me and they would swim to me.  (great
swimmers).  Well I guess one time Cookie had just had enough, or she got
startled or something and she did "the scream".  You know the scary ferret
scream that sounds like a baby or something.  I'd never heard it before and
was so frightened.  I felt terrible!

Well I tried giving Cookie a bath about a month ago and she did the scream
then too, which scared the hell out of everyone in the house.  Then she
climbed up my arm (ow!) and clung to my shoulder and would *not* let go.
This freaked Periscope out too and immediatly she wanted to get out.  About
2 weeks later I was bringing Cookie into the bathroom to clip her nails
(which she is fine about as long as she has ferretone on the tummy).  As
soon as she saw the bathroom, she screamed and climbed up my arm again.  Now
she won't even go in there!  I guess its ok to ease up on the baths.  They
don't smell bad (to me anyway :)) and if they do i just spritz on a little
"ferret fresh".  I would do anything to avoid "the scream" :)

Marianne
w/ cookie and periscope in toronto
*  http://toronto.ark.com/~marianne  *