From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:48:49 -0400
Please, read the text at
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=718
first to understand this post.

I did not express myself well.  I did not mean to imply that the rehab is
harder for those with sluggish levels and abuse backgrounds, as compared
with those who have very low levels that arise in aggression.  I meant
that there is more of a violence and rehab rate challenge apparently in
those with sluggish MAOA genes as opposed to those with active ones, and
that low levels sound like they can produce violence all on their own.

Hopefully, this new understanding of a mechanism that produces aggression
is will lead to some future treatments not only for humans but also for
those animals who never should have been bred due to aggressiveness in
their lines, or those who have abusive pasts and are not rehabing well.
Meanwhile, we have only the options which currently exist, but at least
there is hope while research continues.