From:
DJTuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 00:16:09 -0500
Hey everybody!  It's us!  McKyle, Merlin, David and I have been very busy
lately, and I have not read any of my e-mail since Christmas.  But I have a
bit more time on my hands now, so I can finally start reading the FML
everyday again.  Yay!  I'm so excited!

I apologize to those of you who have e-mailed me in the past few months.  If
anyone has any particularly important news for me, please re-send it now,
and I promise to get back to you promptly.  The e-mail address is still the
same.

To whoever was selling the bags, vests, and pillows with the fuzzy ferrets
sewn on them at the FML 10th: I put my name on the list then, and I would
still like to get one if you have any left.  Please e-mail me!

To Charlotte- 4 weeks!  Yikes, that's so young!  I would suggest adopting
rather than buying another ferret.  Anybody on this list could give you lots
of reasons why.

Apryl- it sounds really screwy to me that the pet store will not reveal to
you who their breeder is.  They have no reason not to tell you.  I suspect
they are trying to hide something.

Alice- I will agree with you that Fish-n-Critters in the Oaks mall does do a
good deed by giving out the literature you mentioned with the ferrets they
sell, but I still refuse to patronize that store because of the conditions I
often see their ferrets enduring: No food, no blankets or toys, bare wire
mesh cage floorings, etc.  Everytime I have talked to the people there about
this stuff, they don't seem to care.

Another pet store complaint, while I'm at it.... A month or so ago I was
"visiting" the ferrets in Pet Supermarket (also in Gainesville).  I happened
to ask the kid working there what vet they used.  "We don't have a vet," he
said.  "Well, what do you do when they get sick?" I said.  "They don't get
sick," he said.  They don't get sick, huh?  What an idiot.  It just so
happens that we got our first ferret, McKyle, from that very store, and I
had to wait 8 days after I picked him out before they would sell him to me
because the whole bunch of their ferrets had mystery poops at the time!
Damn stupid kid.

Well, I am glad to be able to read the list again.  Talk to everyone again
soon!

Happy Ferreting!!!!
Rachelle & David
McKyle & Merlin