From:
Mellisa Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 00:03:40 -0500
I thought it might be fun to share ideas about ferret toys - and
hopefully come up with some new ideas.

Each of our ferrets seem to have their own favorite toy.  Cid likes
Mountain Dew bottles.  Boo likes the little furry mice toys found in the
cat section of pet shops (although Hope likes to steal them from her cage
and deposit them in her literbox).  Hope has a special stuffed bunny
(sent to her by Jim and Marie on this list) that she sleeps with it in
her hammie each and every night.

Yet - I have also been able to find a couple of toys everyone likes!  I
recently bought a small, remote controlled car.  The ferrets will chase
the car around the house for HOURS at a time.  They actually gang up on
it to caputre it, bite the tires (I imagine it must remind them of biting
into our shoes), then let go to continue the chase.

The "bean bag" pillow/chair is a close second.  It wasn't bought with the
ferrets in mind, but they love the crinkling noises as they play hide and
seek.  Typically, one burrows underneath, while the other two dook and
war dance on the top.  Often involves lots of pouncing!

The bungee ball is a close third.  It is a sponge ball on an elastic
string.  Works sort of like a yo-yo.  Wrap it around your thumb, throw
it, and only Cid has figured out to stay put as it bounces right back
where it came from unless the others catch it!

None of the toys I bought even compare to towel rides.  Let me explain!
My husband or I grab a towel, and drag it in front of the ferrets.  They
immediately jump on, start dooking and dancing, and having the time of
their lives.  The ferrets ride all over the house - and LOVE it!  Every
now and then, one will jump off, and run under the towel to create a
"speed bump, " then jump right back on.  You just can't help but laughing
at them.  It is the cutest spectacle you can ever imagine!

Let's share experiences!  What toys get lots of dooks in your home?

Mellisa
www.robandmellisa/pets.html