From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:52:05 -0800
There is an ad in our local paper for Farrets for sale (yes, FARRETS)
3 story cage, and 2 farrets $300 obo.

I am already in debt $1400 to the vet clinic for Poppys surgery, Bandits
blood work and Uly the dogs ear meds and check up.  I have some others
that need surgery too, Bandit, Jalepeno' Jupiter, and possibly Crimson
(she has blown her beautiful coat) and i am worried about the 2 in the
paper now.  I had Crimmy (Crimson) on the bed and just sat and cried over
my little lady, and her coat so scruffy looking.  She was never a kisser,
but i love her all the more for her independence.  My Poppy is doing well
after all her surgical removals, now i am worried about the others and
getting them cared for.

I will know by the 20Feb, if i have a job still.  They are making the
announcements then, and repositioning everyone /retained for employment
into their new job titles.  I am and am not worried about employment, i
am not afraid to take something (beneath?) me, what does that mean, i am
not college educated but for a few classes, so...i am not afraid of
working or throwing myself into my job either.  I can take my sales skills
and apply them to another job if necessary.  It is my babies that i am
most concerned for, right now and always.  AS a matter of fact, since my
husband is retired military, working for Amtrak, which is ponderable as
to whether or not they will stay solvent, we both applied for airport
security positions which are going federal soon.  He will get the military
preference, but...doesn't hurt to always be one step ahead, for those
rainey days.  Me, i need something more compassion applied, i think, it
is just my nature, nurture-ing.  We will see.

Anyone living in or around the Kenosha, Wisconsin area that could possibly
help these 2 FARRETS out?  I considered going and talking to them about
surrendering them, and showing them the bill that i am going to face in
the future, and telling them, that rather than have someone just decide
that the surgeries are too costly, so just let them go, i would rather
take them off their hands, and they can do whatever with the cage, sell
it for what they can get.  I just worry that i w/not be able to give them
the care that they really need.  I already have a house full of wonderful
little warm furry bodies :-) I am worried about shelter shock?  I have had
enough experience for awhile with it, losing Athena & Diana to that
dreadful disease of the heart.

My Fergie, my little reserved girl comes down the hallway to crawl into
the bed with us on some nights, she liked the cage, because ???  I think
she and Diana were left in their other so much and for so long, that it
was over whelming "free roam??".  But to wake in the middle of the night
to find teeny Fergie curled up under the fleece blankie close to my
husband just warms my heart, she has finally accepted us, and knows that
we will love and care for all her needs.  I suffer, thinking about all the
dreadful possibilities of these little fur children, the ones that died
needlessly from the petstore, the ones who have been taken from their home
by the burglar?, and the lost ones.  I think of Betty who lost her Bella,
as i was finding my Epimetheus.  How can i rejoice when another feels such
heartache?  I got another email from Dawna in Colorado, Slippery is still
missing, and she is also unconsolable, "oh, how i know that feeling".

Before you turn in for the night, hug your children, furred and skinned,
give thanks for what you have today, and pray for those who have not.
Envy no one.  Rejoice for life, and be compassionate for others.  Life is
happening all around us, much of what we are not aware, but it is there
none the less.  Once again i can never thank you all enough for the loving
support in my lost days, 10 weeks worth of finding Epimetheus aka Eppy.
He is doing wonderful, and i am still working on getting something on the
fml with PICTURES, before and after...of him, trying to get a visual of
that snaggle tooth, so you can all realize, IT WAS THE ONLY WAY I WOULD
HAVE RECOGNIZED HIM.

Respectfully
Eppy and Donna and her Wisconsin Weasel family , dogs , cats and 1 rat
included.