From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:59:01 -0700
Dear All,

Myself and many others have been working on some campaigns, and
information gathering. Designated team members have been hit quite
hard the past two weeks with a hurricane, and major flooding here in
the MD/PA area and New England. I've been without a landline and
intermittent DSL for the past week, others much less fortunate! Many
wear a few different hats in networking with various organizations that
rescue, and Lord knows there have been horrific displacement and rescue
of animals, and many unfortunate deaths. We have to put our efforts
when and where there is a crisis and we're needed to save and shelter.
One of the volunteers helping in the 3FFF I know hasn't had 20 hrs of
sleep in the past week.

So, with that said thank you all for your patience. We all are so upset
over the PETA video and the investigator's notes. I'm on standby and
willing to work with PETA in a combined effort to stop the cruelty at
3FFF and see justice, and be ready in case any ferrets are released or
confiscated. At this time, it is still and IF situation. Something to
think about; There are 6,000 breeders, and for the sake of argument,
let's ball park another 2,000 kits. This would be an 8,000 ferret
rescue if everyone had their way about it. Sorry folks, I understand
the passion of insisting that all the ferrets must come out of there,
but seriously, where ya going to put 8,000 ferrets, vet them, transport
them, the world would not be ready for such a rescue overnight, it
would require a long lead time, and at least a few thousand homes to
take the animals in, you do the math. Oh, and then there's the funding.
I'm not saying it isn't possible, but far from being able to be
deployed in a day or two.

I'm developing a database of personal resources. I honestly do not
expect to see any ferrets come out of 3FFF, but I've been surprised
before. I think they would have been already removed by the
authorities, and I doubt that 3FFF would have such kind heart as to
release any of them, regardless of any ferret's medical issues.

The database is not just for this campaign, but will be a permanent
database for any future crisis. What I'm asking is that if you would
like to pledge your support, please write me at
and in the subject line put whatever it is you are offering; For
example Subject: Transport, Cages, Carriers, Accessories, Vet Tech,
Vet, etc. Please do not use these emails to chat with me, write me
those notes to [log in to unmask] I've enlisted Connie Gaddy to
work the database and do a spreadsheet listing each individual's name,
contact info, and what they are offering. Please be sure to include
your contact info in your email to me. So far the response has been
incredible, keep it up and thank you that have!

Lisa O and I have some ideas that we are working on, and will report to
you all when we have those plans finalized. BTW, since my phone has
been out, I probably have missed some very important calls, and don't
be surprised if Lisa O and I are both posting tonite. I'm sure I've
missed her calls too.

There is a Facebook Group, Triple F Ferret Farm Discussion and Info:
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1161784139#!/groups/227969317251509/>
We threw that up in a hurry so we could quickly get petitions, draft
letters to elected officials, gov't agencies,media, celebrities, etc.
happening. But like BIG said to me in a conversation, [not a verbatim
quote] "Facebook is a very restricting venue". Not everyone wants or
should have to join to be updated and have a forum to vent and invent.
(yes BIG, it's an "I told you so" moment! )

So, we're also working on a forum. If all goes forward, and I hope
it does soon, it will be a permanent fixture for the global ferret
community. There will be blueprints for rescue, you will not have to
reinvent the wheel to get drafted letters and links. It's proposed
that each umbrella org have it's own announcement page to keep all
information from all sources available on an at a glance basis. The
3FFF situation has global attention, and offers of support. In kind,
I'd like to see this new forum also have an "In The News" section where
we are apprised of what the ferret communities in the UK, AUS, GER, etc
are experiencing, so we can also be informed and supportive.

This is all alot of work, and like I said with the hurricanes and
flooding, we all have been so stretched out, so I want to thank you
all for being so patient!

Now I'd like to say that there are many people that are working and
brainstorming with Lisa O and I. On the Facebook Group as admins, and
will travel to the new forum (IF and When) and contributing think
tankers, they are, Susann Thiel, Beth Reburn, Linda Matlack, Kevin
Farlee, Joclyns Kiddies, Carrie Vavra, Lauren M Snyder, Christi B
Lorenzo, Debbie Saunders, Valerie Michalski. I didn't get their
permission to publish their names, so guys, forgive me if I'm speaking
out of turn here.

I am interested in some live protests, and have got some creative ideas
on that, and as it's better formulated and blessed or not, lol, I'll be
right here sharing it all with you. I feel we do have to move in that
direction.

Thank you all for your great efforts in all the letters you've written,
calls you've made, it most definitely raises the rage and contempt we
are experiencing to a high visibility, and let's fight for change and
especially for justice for those ferrets that so inhumanely died at
3FFF, rip precious babies.

Affectionately, Barb Clay
Shelter Rep/The Ferret Council....who may be ahead of herself with
this post, but wtf, I'm lettin her roll out anyway!