From:
Linda Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:33:18 -0400
Hello and dook dooks to all.  I am asking all of you to keep my sweet
Kodo boy in your thoughts and prayers for this Friday, October 1st as he
goes in for adrenal surgery.  He was diagnosed with adrenal disease just
about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago.  Sigh.  At first(roughly4 weeks ago), we
noticed hair loss over his lower back, between shoulder blades and butt
area.  It was symmetrical, so I was almost certain is was the dreaded
adrenal even before the blood test confirmed it and what is even sadder
is he is not even 4 years old (I had thought or hoped he would never get
it).  Also, we noticed him itching a lot and his energy level tapered off
as well as his eating since he seemed to always be at the bowl before.
So I took him to the vet and had the Tennessee Blood Panel done as well
as a CBC and he came back positive for adrenal.  The CBC showed that his
RBC was below normal limits which I am aware means he is anemic and that
is secondary to adrenal(correct me if I am wrong).  Just since his
positive test results he has had a problem with urinating (last week we
noticed he was only dribbling but frequently which he was take to the vet
for), his itching has become so profuse that he doesn't even want to be
awake most of the time, he is eating so much less, doesn't play much, has
become aggressive which he never was and just overall miserable.  Breaks
my heart and it all seemed to happen so fast.

My vet did not want to wait to do the surgery so he got him in quite
quickly and told us to keep a close eye on him and to let him know if any
thing changed.  So, Friday is almost here and I am hoping for all the
best for him.  Our vet is great, so I should have no worries, but am
scared to death anyway.  I almost have his recovery cage ready(got him a
new single level) , Bob's Chicken Gravy has been made, covers and
sleeping bag must be washed yet, so we are close to being ready but I am
just not prepared to go through this surgery thing.  It is going to be
hard, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  And thanks to all
the people who have already responded to me with some helpful information
about some questions regarding my sweet little ferret love about his
urinating situation.

Take care.  Ferret kisses.

Happy dookin'  from Linda and my 2 furkids (Kodo & Tacoma)

With love from me (Pinky)
And the ferret duo Tacoma & Kodo
(Ferrets leave tiny little paw prints on our hearts)
Visit my ferret web site @ http://www.hideyhole.org/ferretfrenzy
or my daughter & her fiance's at http://www.hideyhole.org