From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:00:30 -0400
This should help:

http://help4adv.terrabox.com/ADV-updates.html

Kat just sent me the address today.  She is so sweet to make this series
by Danee available for all, and Danee is so wonderful to have written it!

When I first read the virology articles (quoted in my last post on ADV)
I was surprised to learn that the previous exposure to Parvo vax worsens
the cases of ADV, but in at least one of those cited articles the
researchers explain why (I think it was in one of the British studies)
and it makes complete sense since the problem with ADV is not the disease
itself but that it causes the immune system to go into overdrive and that
immune response is what causes a lot of plague deposits to be formed in
tissues.  Why that particular type of vaccine doesn't work for protection
is also explained.

The virology articles (Journal of Virology, and NIH) quoted in my
posts in
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/viewdiscussion.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=14768

or
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG14769
are worth reading in full if anyone is strongly interested in ADV.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org