From:
Cindy Aleszczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 16:13:31 EDT
Hi All Fuzzy-lovers out there!  I just read the post on nylon collars and
their shrinkage.  I've read this previously on the FML and wanted to
drop a line on the subject.

I've always used plastic collars with studs and bells (for decoration and
function respectively) that have felt on the inside.  These seem to be
the safest alternative for my munchkins.  They're actually cat collars and I
use a soldering gun to make any additional holes as needed.  My jill, Pippin
only needed one additional hole and my hob, Beren is using it as is.  I
can't believe how they've grown over the past several months!

I purchased the collars in the pet department at Wal-mart. They're difficult
 to find, but I think they're the safest I've found.  I try to stay away
from nylon, and now many of the nylon collars have the "safety" stretch
breakaway feature, which of course, ferrets will have off in two shakes
of a ferret tail.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along.  Hugs to all munchkins!

Cindy
Beren and Pippin too!