From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:55:18 -0500
Support Our Shelters liked Fred Hurd's suggestion last Sunday that
the money that was raised for the Tidewater ferrets still be given to
the Tidewater ferrets.  We have returned or redirected the checks as
instructed by the donors, but we still have $250 in cash that was raised
by the generous ferret-loving folks at the symposium.

Support Our Shelters has helped Carole McCraig's rescue in the past, and
after doing our homework (as we try to do every time) we are confident
that the donation money will be well spent in going to Carole's vet for
needed surgeries for her elderly crew.

We hope that the donors will be happy, or at least content, with our
decision.  Carole holds a special niche in specializing in caring for
the elderly ferrets, and being a subject of controversy has been very
stressful.  We hope that Lisa and everyone else will understand that this
is in no way a reflection on Lisa or our opinion of her good work for the
ferrets.

There are so many needy ferrets out there.  The Utah ferrets still need
help, and there are dozens of hard working, worthy shelters on the FML
Shelter List.  Please consider "adopting" a shelter of your own to give
them your support.

Judith, Georgia, Ela, Sharon, Lisa, and Judy

--
* * * Support Our Shelters * * *