Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:46:50 EDT
I don't know how many recall, but just about a month ago or so I had the
pleasure of going to Rocky's a week after the rescue and helping out at
Rocky's.  I spent five days there, triaging, cleaning cages of the new
Hagertown kids and also the shelter.

There I fell in love several times.  First with the fuzzy named A, but at
the time I didn't know he was already spoken for.  2ndly with a big old
beautiful sable point, then named Snoopy.  Oh and did I mention Bow and
Arrow, his new name Bo.  Almost a month passed and due to some very very
caring people, Bo and Bear (new names) plus an extra fuzz named Forrester
made their way all the way from Maryland to Texas.  Thanks to Gen, Norka,
Tea and Laura from New Orleans, I got to have my babies home.

Sadly old man Bo fell very sick just shortly after arriving.  Within
three days and countless vet visit he decided that since he made it home
to me he was happy enough and decided to venture in another life to
rainbow bridge.  I was heartbroken but I turned my attention to the two
newest kids of the fuzzy farm, Bear and Forrester.  Bear is a huge boy
that soaked in all the love he had while at Rocky's.

Due to countless people paying him attention all the time he was there,
he has become the sweetest well adjusted boy there ever was.  I thank
everyone there that took care of him and showed him what love really was
after I had to leave and come back to Texas.  I thank all the ladies
along the way (except for tying to steal him lol) as everyone fell in
love with him.  He is a special angel that now truly knows what humans
are capable of.  He has so much room to roam, no cages that had five
ferrets in it, built for one like at DB's.  He's not been caged since his
temporary time at the shelter.  I can not thank all of you enough
especially Barb for entrusting me with him and the other shelter kids
that came my way.

While I was there, I met so many caring wonderful people that I have only
known via Poofs.  They are who they say they are, no falseys here.  To
all of you that ask what a Pooflinger is..  I will tell you this.  WE
are a bunch of fun loving ferret moms and dads that truly respected each
other (even though we may disagree every once in awhile) we all have one
thing in common, our true love and respect for this perfect creature of
God.

If you hear of rumors, remember they are just rumors.  Don't believe
everything you hear.  Go see for yourself.  Seems as though those who
listen and yes even start rumors are the folks that have never been
there to lend a hand, never fails.

Go help, just for a day.  Go see for yourself what loving care Barb gives
to each and every fuzzy in her care.  If you don't, you have absolutely
have NO right to question.

God bless all the people that have been there, for you are the true
angels.

Leanne B
Rascal, Cali, Cocoa, Pugs, Sammy, Snoopy, Tambo, Bear, Jewels and
Forrester.  Still loving and missing with all my heart: Kodo, Tig, Bo
and Chevy