From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 00:31:23 -0400
If you get a chance check out the May 1996 _Kid_City_ magazine from
Children's Television Workshop.  Check the article on page 8 "Funny Furry
Ferrets!  Girl saves ferrets" A guy named Bill Doyle interviewed our
daughter Courtney about our ferret shelter and our pet ferrets.  There are
pictures of Courtney with quite a few of our 'rets including our English hob
Disraeli sitting on her head while she holds an armload of ferrets.  With
our old lady Furball with some of her ribbons and trophies.  Courtney's
holding the certificate from the Baltimore Ferret Club saying Furball earned
the title Supremem Grand Champion.  Ribbons from shows including LIFE, AFA,
and independant shows.  And the various best ain show and first place
trophies.  There are pictures of Courtney grooming a couple of the ferrets.
A couple ringer photots of ferrets other than ours along with a quiz where
you get to try to figure out which animals are related to ferrets.  Most of
the photos are by Renee Stockdale of Animals, Animals.

Really cool is the board game "Feed the Ferret!".  Some really cool
illustrations by Bill Basso.  The ferrets get to do things like swing from
curtains, take a nap, ride the ferret ferry, swing off the coat rack and
ride the clothesline.

_Kid_City_ is the magazine for 6 to 9 year olds from the publishers of
_Sesame_Street_ and the creators of the TV show for that matter.  It is
available by subscription only but a lot of libraries get it.  Good exposure
for ferrets in a source they normally aren't in.

Oh and by the way a list member is getting married Saturday.  Ellen Byrne is
marrying a guy named Kevin Doherty.  Both of these are really cool ferret
folks.  Hope she doesn't kill me for mentioning this.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://userwww.qnet.com/~killian/zen_home.htm