From:
Annamarie Damron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:34:26 EST
I've got a couple questions and was hoping someone can help me out.

First of all, Dakota (one of my ferrets) has a small lump under his right
"arm" (front leg).  I discovered it back in October and took him to the vet
about it.  She did a CBC and it turned out to not be cancerous.  However
this little thing hasn't gone away.  It seems to change in size, sometimes
I can't even find it.  Last night I checked on it and it was bloody, it's
usually skin colored.  It doesn't seem to be bothering him.  My vet is
pretty ferret knowledgable, i've had other vets tell me that, and she has a
lot of other ferret patients.  She didn't say anything about removing it,
should I have it removed??

Next, Any suggestions for ferret proofing the bottom of a dresser?  I've
been using a piece of cardboard to keep them out, but it won't last much
longer.  (I don't want them to get under there because I have electric
cords under it).

Also, what's the average cost of adrenal gland surgery?  I've only had my
ferrets for 8 months, so i don't know.  A friend of mine paid $600 for one
of her ferrets to get it.  I know that it should cost THAT much.  She uses
VetSmart (the vet in PetSmart), I'm gonna try to convince her to switch
vets.  She's been owning ferrets for 3yrs, I think, and this is the first
time any of her ferret's needed surgery.

Finally, a very overdue update.  Last time I posted to the list was back in
November, my post was about Mazuri food and how my ferrets were (sort of)
sick, if anyone remembers.  Well, my dad found a store that sells Totally
Ferret in our area and I'm now feeding my ferrets it.  They've been feeling
better, more energetic, and been eating more.  Thanks to everyone who
replied.

Thanks for reading this, it's a little long (sorry)!
Annamarie, Dakota & Autumn
e-mail: [log in to unmask]