From:
Nathan and Heather Viles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 11:03:41 -0500
Two issues ago, someone posted some very interesting comments on cedar
bedding?  The vet, (can't find the post to quote) make several arguement s
recommending cedar chips.  While, if memory serves, the vet did not say
cedar ships were completely harmless, but just that there were no studies
that sepcifically show the dangers of cedar chips.  A little earlier,
someone else was trying to get a pet store to stopo using cedar chips, and
the owner's response was Marshall Farms recomends Cedar.

Does anyone have any followup on these two plugs for cedar chips?

Personally, what Marshall Farms says means jack to me.  And while the vet
seemed sympathetic to cedar chips, she did not give glowing reviews.

I did think the posts were thought provoking.

On another note the top ten list has received a lot of very useful input.  I
was able to correct a lot of grammatical errors, (try running a spell check
on html code) so thank you everyone that responded to it.

I will be working on making changes/clarifications at Pam Greene's behest.

I am pretty proud of it.  Download it, print it, give it to pet stores...
If you cannot access the web, http://www.smu.edu/~hmccowen/f_top_ten.html
then I can send you a text copy. [the whole page is text, with colored
fonts, no graphics for slower machines and text browsers]

Thanks
Nathan
--
Heather and Nathan Viles