Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:29:01 -0700
Again greetings to all the Fuzzy lovers/slaves!  I am re-posting this to
both the FML and the FHL in hopes we can get some response.  So far we only
had one response and want to make sure if there are any others out there
who have an interest in cryosurgery, that they know what we are attempting
to do.

Our ferret shelter/club (Ferret Friends of Tucson) has been working with
our vets trying to arrange for Dr. Weiss to come to Tucson and do some
cryosurgery for our adrenal, maybe insulinomic ferrets.  It just might
happen!  What we need are 15 candidates who are in need of surgery that
would like to try the cryosurgery on their ferrets.

Last November we took one of my ferrets about 400 miles to Santa Fe, N.M.
when Dr. Weiss was working with Dr. Treitler.  Bilbo had already had
adrenal surgery on his right adrenal which proved to be malignant.  As
you all know, this is almost impossible to do successfully with standard
surgery.  Well, when Dr. Weiss got in there, he also did the left as it had
grown in the 6 months since his first surgery.  The results?  My 5-1/2 year
old Bilbo is as playful as a kit again, runs around terrorizing all the
girls, picking fights with the bigger guy, and getting into all sorts of
mischief.  He has a beautiful coat and is full of energy.  So I personally
feel the cryosurgery is well worth the time and money it takes to get this
done.

If any of you are interested in this cryosurgery by Dr. Weiss, could you
please e-mail me ([log in to unmask]) and let me know.  I am re-posting
this more than once in hopes we can get some canditates.  I will send you
the info I have so far and we'll see if this can really happen.

Thanks for any responses we may get.

mjo and the zoo, Lady Star, Topanga, Ragine, Bilbo, Frodo, Frito,
Pepper, Caesar, Frosty, Sassy and the dogs Garth and Darwin (R.I.P.
Nipper, Lightning, EZ, Cleo, Phantom, & Duke)