From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:30:18 EST
Well the hot spot fire seems to be out, although we came close to
calling 911 again at one point during the last 5 days. I actually
slept last night but it will be awhile before I am caught up in that
department.

Our Moxie is still grieving the loss of her Lady and has lost weight
but we all are giving her lots of TLC and hoping her heart will soon
mend and mine too. Her other cagemate Cutie Pootie is a loner not a
cuddler but hopefully that will change.

The sun actually appeared and my husband walked outside yesterday to
fix the broken wheel on the garden cart with the help of all the girls,
with the exception of Elizabeth who was playing Taps on her trumpet at
a military funeral.

AND the tsunami warnings for yesterday were thankfully for nothing
because we do live in a tsunami zone and were worried that we were in
for more bad times. I tried to think on the bright side that at least
the tsunami wave would put the fire out......oh well.

Today we all went to the beach to enjoy another sunny day and most of
the girls wore shorts and sweathirts to pretend they were tourists (the
only people on the Oregon coast that dress that way). There was a lot
of stuff washed up on shore from the waves and not many tourists
because they all left when they heard the tsunami alarms.

I will slip back into lurkdom now because I have tons to do in this
house to clean up and to assist my husband on his road to recovery. I
want to thank all of the ferret community for their concern and emails.
You are a special group of people!

Nancy, with a pocket full of beach agates and a
smile on her face...