From:
"William L. Sebok" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 00:32:45 -0400
In issue 1540  William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>...  With all the vaccinations using Fervac-D that I'm aware of - many
>many thousand - I am truly aware of only three reactions.  Two mild and one
>serious but with epinephrine the ferret was fine.  All three of these
>vaccinations were given at the same time by someone who gives fewer
>vaccinations than other local breeders who have never had a reaction.

You can add two more to this list.  Two years ago, two of our ferrets, Ben
and Jerry, had severe reactions to Fervac-D.  That almost doubles this count
of three.  I have also seen in the FML other FML members reporting reactions
that their own ferrets have had.  I think that the total of "three
reactions" is an unfair minimization of the problem.  For us the fraction of
ferrets with reactions has been two out of five.

Bill Sebok