From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:35:20 -0500
After reading here, about Ozzie, Zach, Rylee & Tyler wanting their PV
food, I emailed Derrick, of Path Valley foods. This was his answer,
when I asked about it.

Dear Cathy,

The Ferretstore no longer carries PVF ferret food. We assume that they
lowered their price to sell what they had in stock.

We would love to have you notify people with the following from the
folks at Path Valley Farm

We heard there are some questions about where to get our PVF ferret
diets and questions about which diets to feed at what ages. We have
two different diets.
1. Our adult ferret diet is Path Valley Farm Crunchy. This used to be
called PVF Chicken & Rice. We changed the name and package to try and
make it less likely to be confused with our PVF Poultry & Rice "Easy
Chew". PVF Crunchy is for ferrets over one year in age.

2. Our other diet is PVF Poultry & Rice "Easy Chew". It is a must for
Youngsters/Seniors but can be fed at all life stages once the ferrets
are weaned. All our ferrets are weaned onto this diet (fed dry) before
they leave Path Valley. Our ferrets should remain on this diet till at
least one year of age.

Our diets are currently no longer available at TheFerretStore...we
heard some folks are having trouble finding our diets. If you can't
find a pet store or shelter selling our diets, you can order them
direct from us.
Our website is www.pathvalleyfarm.com .
We offer free freight with orders over $35.00

We hope this clears up any confusion about our two diets and where
they are available.

Thank you for taking the time to try and feed your ferrets the best
diets.

Thanks,
Derrick Winegardner
Path Valley Farm
717-987-0022

The food is a bit pricey, but it`s good stuff. It doesn`t contain
wheat gluten or rice protein. We use it (the crunchy) in our mix.

Free freight is a really good deal, too. I can`t believe what people
out there are charging to ship ferret food, these days!!!!

Hope this helps someone.

Love,
Zoo