From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 2009 01:27:18 -0400
DEAR LIST READERS

I have been in the rescue arena concerning ferrets since August of
1993. After founding a non profit, licensed agency / organization
in 1995 and receiving training and certifications, overseeing the
accountability , testifying as an expert witness for numerous
protection laws of ferrets and other companion animals, and providing
humane training nationwide I can say I have never been so infuriated,
victimized and offended as I am tonight. Both as an individual and as
a organizational representative.

IF ANYONE SAYS THEY ARE CONTACTING YOU FOR ADOPTION - OR ANY OTHER
REASON AND HAVE BEEN REFERRED OR ARE CONTACTING YOU AT MY SUGGESTION ,
REFERRAL, ETC,- and you have not heard it from me FIRST-- please feel
free to validate it with me BEFORE you make any decisions.

There are just things that you DO NOT DO. FIRST AND FOREMOST YOU DO
NOT USE SOMEONE's NAME WITHOUT PERMISSION. APPARENTLY there is ONE VA
RESCUE Organization that thinks otherwise. A VOLUNTEER of this agency
USED MY NAME AS A CONTACT and REFERRAL for a PROPOSED KIT ADOPTION.
This volunteer claimed to have received this referral / recommendation
from me on a chat line. I CHALLENGE YOU TO PRODUCE THAT! I Have not
been on any chat lines for many years.... and this is WHY!

The MOST INFURIATING PART IS THIS ROUSE of buying a kit (there are
none by the way) was at the URGENCE of a LONG ESTABLISHED FERRET
ASSOCIATION, need we name names. I am told by the operator of the
VA rescue through email correspondence, the founder of the ferret
association circulated emails targeting this particular person in
the ferret community and goaded some action to be taken.

MY EMPLOYMENT BEFORE FERRETS was in Law Enforcement I am telling you
all concerned in this action, you have tread on some very very shaky
ground. I suppose this will play out over a period of time, and there
are specific reasons why I cannot name names at this time, but anyone
who has heard my name used for animal welfare reasons and you have not
been notified in advance from me.via email or in letter, please let me
know about the circumstances. If you have not received a email or
written communication on my letterhead personal or via the non profit,
then it may not have been a true representation.

Anyone who has worked with me the past 15 years in the ferret community
will know that I ALWAYS validate a referral for adoption, surrender,
etc. ALL our files are up to date on all animal welfare actions.

I do not tolerate this type of vigilante tactic. This was attempted to
infringe on any person's right to privacy. THERE ARE ABSOLUTE RULES to
investigation and one of them is NOT BASED ON SUPPOSITION. YOU NEED TO
HAVE EVIDENCE OF A CRIME. IF THERE IS EVIDENCE THEN A SEARCH WARRANT
IS ISSUED.

If you are a rescuer associated with this incident, I suggest you get
some solid investigative training before you see lawsuits that cold
ruin your rescue career.

I will be forwarding the email communications I received associated
to this action upon request to authorities involved in this action.

I am so dis heartened that there are folks in the community that will
practice this kind of behavior instead of focusing on working to better
the lives of the ferrets in their care.

In closing, I again request anyone to forward information where my name
was used as a referral, reference or otherwise.

Sincerely,
Alicia , for the many faces of www.ferretwise.org