From:
Edward Greaves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 14:48:26 -0500
Well, it's been a while since I've been around on this mailing list, since
my last account was rather suddenly snatched away from me.

But now I'm back, and soon enough to be out on my own and hopefully in the
beginning of the new year I will be getting myself a ferret or three.
(Hrm...amazing how that number creeps right on up isn't it)

Before I get too far off tangent, I had made up my mind previously to put up
a web page dedicated to sharing ideas about games, toys, treats, etc... for
ferrets.  I even made a post to the list before, but I got I think one
response.  The idea is to gather all this kind of info in one nice place so
that everyone can benefit from our pooled knowledge and experience.  I would
go through back issues of the FML and grab some of the ideas, but I would
rather have them submitted to me, this way I'm sure I've gotten the person's
permission to use their idea in the web page.  Anyone who has ideas and
would like them to be shared can send them to me, at the following email
address and I will try to get the page up and running as soon as I get 10
ideas.  All contributions will be credited with the contributer's name.  If
they want any other info added in, like a link to their own page or email, I
can do that too, but I need folks to tell me, otherwise I'll just list their
name.  (Yes I'd be more than glad to put up your ferret's names too :)

email all ideas to:  [log in to unmask]
As soon as I get the first part of the page running, I'll write back and
let you all know where it is.

Now, as a side note, I had a question that I'm sure folks around could
answer.  What time of the year are ferrets most likely to breed?  And when
are they likely to have kits.  I ask because I am wondering if there are
certain times of the year where I can expect an abundance of ferrets to be
available, and if so when.  I'm looking for a particular coloration, and was
wondering so that I can try to be ready to make a purchase at the time when
I might be more likely to find them.

Thanks

Ed

Edward Greaves

Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.
      --Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring